This Memorial Day weekend, impress your fellow beach-goers and BBQers with your knowledge of all things green.
- Climate change in US cities: it’s gonna be killer (in the literal sense). (Treehugger)
- On the other hand, this once-rare butterfly is thriving, thanks to the warming planet. (Scientific American)
- In Japan, a “fugitive” penguin is back in captivity nearly three months after its escape. (Guardian)
- Are we at risk for another Dust Bowl? (Care2)
- Los Angeles is now the largest American city to ban plastic bags. (YaleE360)
Link to original article / Continue Reading...
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.